How to Form an IASP Chapter
If you would like to form a chapter in your country or region, please
follow these steps:
- Establish a local pain association or organization in your country,
if one does not already exist. Click here to see a
listing of all IASP chapters to make sure that your country does not
already have one.
- Once an association is established in your country, make sure that
at least 25 members of your organization are current IASP members. If
your organization is located in a
developing or currency-restricted country, you can have as few
as ten current IASP members to apply.
- IASP Chapters must be multidisciplinary, and efforts should be made
to include physicians of various specialties, dentists, psychologists,
nurses, physical therapists, and basic scientists.
- Each member of the association's executive committee must be a
current IASP member. To find out more about IASP membership, click here.
- Complete the Application to Form a New IASP Chapter to show
evidence of an active association in your country. This includes
providing a list of a permanent executive committee, and a record of
having sponsored seminars and/or teaching activities (these do not have
to be large meetings or seminars.)
- Return the completed application to Valerie Evans, Membership
Manager at the IASP Secretariat with the signatures of 25 current IASP
members (or ten, as noted above).
Return the application form to:
Valerie Evans, Membership
1510 H Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-1020 USA
By Fax: +1-202-524-5301