Number of Members:
The SIG on Pain in Older Persons aims to:
- Increase awareness and promote education about pain in older
- Provide an international and interdisciplinary forum for people
interested in clinical and research questions on pain in older
- Develop/endorse best practice guidelines for assessment and
management of pain in older persons.
- Promote discussion and research on pain in older persons, including:
senescence of pain perception, multidimensional assessment of pain and
its consequences, pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of
pain, and uniqueness of the pain experience in patients with cognitive
- Facilitate the development of international collaborative research
efforts on pain in older persons.