Number of Members:
The SIG on Clinical-Legal Issues in Pain aims to draw together those
involved in the legal process surrounding the subject of pain and has
the following objectives:
- To establish an international forum for the wider discussion of
clinical and legal issues in pain.
- To act as a forum for airing views about the difficulties
encountered by clinicians and patients in the different legal/health
- To provide guidelines reflecting the need to produce well-structured
and clinically comprehensive reports for legal purposes.
- To ensure that adequate attention is given to pain diagnosis,
management, and treatment.
- To act as a resource to those who act only on an occasional
- To produce and maintain an updated bibliography on relevant